The Maven Gypsy Bed & Breakfast and Cottages provide an excellent base camp for exploring all Cape Breton Island has to offer. We are the last stop before the Highlands National Park and Cape Smokey. We have four quaint guestrooms in the main house and four detached, self catering cottages with mountain views.
- Offering a variety of deluxe breakfast options, fresh baked goods and home cooked food
- Beach and ocean are a 3 minute walk from the house
- Minutes from spectacular Cape Smokey & Highlands National Park
- Golfers – short drive to top rated Highland Links Golf Course
- Short distance from whale watching expeditions and kayaking adventures
- The Maven Gypsy Bed & Breakfast and Cottages are non-smoking.
- Check In/Check Out : Check in 3:00 PM – Check out 11:00 AM. Based on availability we can certainly accomodate early check ins or late check outs. Alternatively we can store your luggage for the day if you need to.
- Take a book…….leave a book. They are in the chest in the living room. Also, we have DVD’s and games for your use while you are staying with us.
For those who have to stay in touch even while on vacation, we offer free high speed internet to all our guests and wireless connection.
The most popular direction to cycle The Cabot Trail is counterclockwise making us the perfect resting stop before you conquer Cape Smokey.
More than 320 bird species are found in Atlantic Canada on a regular basis, largely because of the geographical and biological diversity of the area. The Atlantic provinces offer a variety of unsurpassed birdwatching opportunities. Some of the largest Common Murre breeding colonies are found off the rocky coasts, brilliant Scarlet Tanangers sin in the forest and cormorants perch on piers to dry their wings. Some of our birds, such as the Atlantic Puffin, are found nowhere else in Canada. Our coastlines draw nesting pelagic birds during summer and waterfowl, geese, loons and grebes during winter.
This is an autumn activity in areas where foliage changes colors. Leaf peepers are those who participate in photographing and viewing the fall foliage. The Cabot Trail is a spectacular area for this.
Maven Gypsy Hike
Just beyond our cottages there is a path that leads to a short hiking trail that has a panoramic view of Wreck Cove Valley and the Atlantic Ocean.
We do accept dogs however only in our cottages not in the main house. Dog owners must accept responsibility for their dogs actions (ex./ any damage, noise issues). We ask that owners pick up after their dog around our property and be respectful of their neighbors and other guests. Also, we ask that you do not allow your dog on the beds or any other furniture. There is a $20.00 cleaning fee per stay. Sorry no cats are allowed.
A 50% deposit is processed at the time of booking with the balance due upon arrival. A refund will be processed if cancelled prior to one week before arrival less a $7 processing fee.